Sunday, April 4, 2010

Everyman : Day 5

So yeah, today got off to a terrible start and didn't get much better until I went around to the gf's place for a swim and to catch up in the evening(i've been hermiting it up mostly thus far).

The psychological effect of the anticipation of having a good time took away the tiredness for a good couple of hours which was great as my emotions had been a rollercoaster that day. I'm coming to realise just how good the brain is at getting its way. It teases you with the sweet release of sleep, nudging and poking at you progresses into shoving and lead piping -> face'ing.

It's a war I'm winning though, even though I'm severely tempted by morning/evening snuggles etc. and luxurious 9 hour stretches of slumber I keep repeating to myself "After adaptation, I can say it's possible and viable for the future then evaluate whether I want to stay or change back" because it's an unfair fight to make a good choice whether to keep on going or halt the experiment due to the feelings of tiredness.

What I mean is that I feel like changing back right now more or less entirely because I am sleep deprived, I might think the benefits > the disadvantages once I'm adjusted and in a healthy state of mind. I suspect this will be the case because I was mega pumped before both attempts in a healthy state.

Today in a way was good because the sleep deprivation hit me so hard, which means I'm bound for sleep during naps in the near-near future which is the next step towards adaptation.

Now, I *think* I slept during a nap an hour ago (11:30 pm), but I'm not 100% sure and it was a really weird phenomenon.

1. I remember turning out the lights, setting my alarm to 11:50, rolling over onto my right side no less and trying to think of calming thoughts.

2. Next thing I know is I'm lying there, conscious and I can't remember if I set it to 11:50 am or pm so I check my phone again and its already 11:49. Wtf? I thought, wait a second is my nap meant to be at 12? What is going onnnn you crazy bastard! Either my memory is shot (this is a certainty, but not certainly the cause) or I slept, albeit dreamlessly for nearly 20 minutes (possible w00t!).

Will report on my next naps which will be tomorrow!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment