Hey guys, long time no post.
So since day 8 I've had 2 more oversleeping incidents which have hindered my progress HUGELY! So day 6 was my first oversleep where I got 6 hours instead of 3 for my core.
After that incident I began setting 4 cellphone alarms 5 minutes apart for each nap but that didn't stop me sleeping 9 hours on day 11. That massive oversleep made me get out my ipod dock/radio and now I have it blast some tunes so oversleeping is impossible as long as I get out of bed before I disable the alarm.
The day after the 9 hour oversleep I woke up easily at 7, then I turned off the alarm instead of snoozing, rolled over for a quick 30 second rest then it was suddenly 9am. This has had a big impact over the last 3-4 days as it felt like I'd more or less started from day 4 again. Since that incident I haven't overslept and have had good discipline and can't see that changing now that I'm on a roll with a good alarm.
Please if you're attempting this don't rely on a puny cellphone alarm. Clock radios can output much bigger sound so I strongly suggest doing that because even if you have perfect "discipline" which I did until the oversleeping incidents you will sometimes not even wake up from the cellphone alarms.
The past few days since the last oversleeping incident have had quite a few hours of decent mental awareness and I've put in quite a few hours of poker to try and make up for the lost time from this experiment.
Day 15:
So I had my first dream nap at midday today! I was mega tired for it and was in the perfect state for sleep.
I was in this kind of desert, there was a road though and I had just escaped from this facility of some sorts. I was running around ES4: Oblivion style hitting people with gun or arrows or something, then I realised I was dreaming which was really weird and something that rarely happens for me. I continued for a bit then I accidentally commanded my eyes to open with 8 minutes of nap to go, stupid me ;(
My 5:40 nap was meh and my 11:30pm I don't think I slept at all but when it was time to wake up I felt in the perfect state for napping so my body is still a bit pwned from the oversleeps.
That said apparently the Everyman needs a level of customisation that isn't required in the Uberman. I'll keep going for a while on this schedule then maybe adjust my naps later if I'm never tired at a certain point or earlier if I'm mega tired at some point.
Thanks for reading and take heed to my alarm advice if you don't want to prolong the torture ;)
Alex
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment