So yeah, today I was shocked to wake up almost instantly, seemingly seconds before my alarm went off from my core sleep and I felt perfectly awake. It's probably a mix of luck and REM taking hold at the end of my core as that's the sleep that has you feeling refreshed when you wake up during it so I think in any case it's a good sign.
Anyways, I felt okay all day which was pretty nice, it allowed me to get some decent poker in and go out for dinner. My brother and I went to pick up dad from the airport ~5:30ish and the plan was to go straight from there out to dinner (my nap time is 6:40 at the moment, will 5:40 post DST).
I took the nap while on the way to the airport and in the parking lot. While the car was stationary, I felt like I was nearly falling asleep and had the typical imagery before sleep occurs but then my naptime was up. My brother commented that for a few minutes my breathing changed, so I think I might have gotten a few minutes of sleep which is encouraging.
It's quite a weird sensation though, not being able to tell if you're sleeping, and hopefully this doesn't lead to any oversleeping related difficulties.
I don't know if it's related to taking my nap an hour earlier but after my 12:30 nap I felt really crappy compared to the decentness of the rest of the day. It also could have been that I had nandos for dinner & had a coke at the movies (meant to stay away from caffeine and "heavier" meals) but meh, I'll definitely avoid it for the next while ;)
Day 3 alertness summary :
Woke up at 8am feeling great, was quite perky for the rest of the day until my 12:30am nap which was an hour ago, I've eaten and I still feel tired but then again I'm getting quite a bit of daytime functionality, definitely not the same quality as pre-polyphasic but I'm lucid enough to drive a car safely and get in some poker volume but I'm getting almost the same quantity as before at this stage in the adjustment, which is nice because it mitigates somewhat the work down-time I expected from this attempt.
I don't however want to jinx it, today might have just been a lucky alignment of factors but we'll see over the next few days how it all pans out.
Time to go kill 3 reasonably useless tired hours while the rest of the world is hibernating :P
Alex
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment